- Check out where to apply for a sponsoring. Via a contact form on the website? By mail or directly?
- If you see an interesting brand at events, you should simply ask how to apply.
- Does the sponsor support new faces or does the sponsor only search for professional athletes? Try to place yourself in one of the categories and estimate realistically which sponsor might be appropriate for you.
- You should also think about the location of the headquarters of the sponsor. If you are not yet experienced, it makes sense to choose a sponsor who is reachable or who is present at competitions at your area. Professional athletes can also apply to international brands, since everything will be arranged for them.
- Is the sponsor looking for something in particular? For example, an athlete presenting his sunglasses? With sample videos or images you can highlight the possible product and show the sponsor what you can offer him.
- Another idea would be to post a picture with sunglasses and show the sponsor how much reach you have generated. But also at events you can achieve reach, all athletes and spectators are potentially interested in the products of your possible sponsors. But also at events you can achieve reach, all athletes and spectators are potentially interested in the products of your possible sponsors. Here you can also put their brand in the right setting.
- Because one thing is very important, it is not only what the sponsor offers you, but much more what you can actually give them!
With become-a-pro this process goes even faster. We have a well-known sponsor portfolio for which you are not applying officially, but more simply in the form of your profile. Here you can present yourself and your sport with pictures and videos. The sponsors will select you using filter options based on your information.